For today's most fashionable set, masculine wear is all the rage because of its comfy, pulled-together appeal and tough exterior that brings even the most glamorous dresses down to earth.
From blazers and trousers to neckties and brogues, many of our favorite pieces were originally reserved for men. But now that things have turned around, you can rock your grandfather's oversized, double-breasted coat to your heart's content! Ever thought about wearing it as a dress? Pairing it with pants, a shirt, and oxford flats may seem too boyish from head to toe, but when you wear it with a tiny sliver of leg showing, it can take the look from overly masculine to subtly sexy.
The girl featured in this street style photo understands exactly what we're saying. Her large, woolly coat hits mid-thigh, and she probably has a chic little sweater dress under her coat as extra protection from the cold weather. She layers the coat with a thick scarf, over-the-knee socks, lace-up granny boots, and a dapper tophat. The look is more Parisian-chic than dowdy, and it is one you can wear every single day this season! And trust us, you won’t look like a man.
Find out how to get the look below.
1. Burberry Pearson Double Breasted Long Overcoat from Bloomingdales – $850.00
2. Rag & Bone Lucas Neck Warmer from Shopbop – $275.00
3. Bop Basics Small Brim Fedora – $78.00
4. Sam Edelman Dixie Over the Knee Boots from Shopbop – $350.00
5. Pour La Victoire Edge Tattered Leather Hobo from Shopbop – $425.00