The utilitarian trend is still going strong and camouflage is right on its heels, edging into our wardrobes alongside even the girliest pieces. Wearing a glitzy sequined party dress under a rugged, army-print cargo jacket is glamorous but still rough around the edges, knocking the expected off its feet and straight on its head.
You’ll be surprised to see how many fresh juxtapositions you can create by wearing a camouflage jacket, creating new perspectives of the everyday or overly elegant. How about mixing camouflage and preppy? If you don’t think this combination can work, take a look at this girl snapped up by Stockholm Streetstyle and think again.
She takes the menswear trend into overdrive by smartly layering her camouflage jacket over her preppy pullover sweater; the checkered shirt peeking out underneath could have been stolen straight off of her boyfriend’s back. Slouchy skinny jeans and flats are consistent with the look’s masculine tone. Balance is key for her military-chic outfit, and she sweetens up the boyishness of the look with small and delicate pops of femininity– the siren red lips, bold handbag, and shiny stud embellishments on her shoes.
Get her look with these pieces:
- LaRock Officer Camouflage Jacket from Saks Fifth Avenue – $298.00
- T by Alexander Wang Crew Neck Pullover from Shopbop – $180.00
- Van Buren Gingham Shirt from J. Crew – $59.50
- Genetic Denim Rane Slouchy Cigarette Jeans from Shopbop – $176.00
- Zipped Up Hobo Bag from Forever 21 – $29.80
- Steven Stardom Flats from 6PM.com – $54.00