This winter, show off your bohemian grunge side by layering up with long skirts, slouchy knits, and embellished details. Just because the temperatures outside are inching below zero, that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your style. No, we charge on like rangers for the sake of fashion. Luckily, Free People makes dressing up in layers super easy and extremely fun. Take these styling tips from Free People’s December lookbook.
1. Tie an embellished belt around the waist of low-strung printed harem pants. An oversized slouchy sweater on top and tough combat boots on your feet are just the icing on the cake.
2. Dress up a gypsy-like floral maxi dress with a glitzy sequined chain purse. The touch of sparkle will take your look from countryside wander to party-all-night vixen in a second.
3. Create a casual and effortlessly chic weekend look by wearing a slouchy, oversized sweater off one shoulder, and a boyish brimmed hat to cover up a messy bed head. You’ve never looked or felt so cool at an impromptu weekend brunch.
4. Play with color and dimension by layering printed and colored thermals and blouses underneath a classic denim jacket. The technique is inspired by the 90s grunge era, but with a little more of a girlish edge.
5. Instead of basic blue denim on your legs this season, throw on some camel or sandy beige toned trousers. Glam them up with a shimmery beaded vest in a similar, but darker tone of camel or brown. The unexpected texture play and color coordination makes basic camel look outstanding.
6. Make crochet your new best friend this winter and throw it on over everything in your closet. It instantly adds a flower child vibe to your look. Now all you have to do is keep your hair long, strike a peace sign, and pose for the camera.