Sunglasses, check. Seasonless layers, check. Comfortable chic shoes, check. Dressing for travel is an art, and celebs like Rihanna, Rachel Bilson, Nicole Richie, and Charlize Theron who spend a lot of time on airplanes, are masters of traveling in style.
The key to perfecting your travel ensemble is to be prepared:
- Expect fluctuating temperatures which makes layers key.
- Make sure there isn’t too much skin-to-seat contact (who even knows how often those airplane seats get cleaned?)
- Bring a roomy, convenient bag (think cross-body) for snacks and other essentials.
- Wear clothing and fabrics that are comfortable enough to sit in for a few hours without looking like a wrinkled mess when you get up.
- Opt for a relatively dark color palette (why risk getting covered in pretzel crumbs without knowing it?)
With these tips in mind, we pulled a few celebrity-worthy travel items to wear on your next trip:
1. Miu Miu Small Leather Hobo Bag, $1,295
2. Tory Burch Travel Socks, $48
4. Vince Cashmere Checkerboard Sweater, $235
5. Jean Paul Gaultier Harem Pants, $375
6. The Row Classic Tee, $250
2. Rachel Pally Yael Stripe Top, $154
3. Theyskens' Theory Juno Lambskin Jacket, $1,150
4. Givenchy Large Smooth Nightingale, $1,805
5. Not Rated Jazibel Oxford Flat, $34.95
1. Jil Sander Floral-Print Silk Mini Dress, $2,445
2. Wolford Satin De Luxe Tights, $68
3. DKNY Silk/Cashmere Modern Cozy, $87.50
6. Nine West Sitcom Flat Boot With Elastic Back, $152.41
5. 3.1 Phillip Lim KC Satchel In Black, $850
4. Fallon Labrynth Maze Snake Necklace, $220