After tons of trend forecasting this season, the ruling stands: obey these ten sartorial statutes for the season's most au currant look.
1. Invest in Fringe with a Tribal Twist
Sophisticated silhouettes with fringed accents tame tribal touches for a truly modern take on this trend.
Shown: Alexander McQueen
2. Express Yourself By Way of Logo Mania
Pick a team and make yourself a walking billboard, displaying only your favorite logos in pieces that scream status.
3. Relive the 90s with a Minimalist Slate
Rather than go the route of grunge, opt for the other side of the 90s coin with spring’s new minimalist slate.
Shown: Helmut Lang
4. Stay Well Heeled in Kitten Pumps
Molly Ringwald called, and she wants her shoes back. Take it down a notch this season in the 80s beloved low-heeled kitten pump and make it your new workwear essential.
Shown: Saint Laurent
5. Wear Luxury with a DIY Touch
DIY doesn’t need to mean Pinterest parties and macaroni necklaces. Instead, opt for iconic pieces with an updated twist for a contemporary classic that is more au courant.
6. Sport a Visible Panty Line
Panty lines? No problem! The totally visible panty line is embraced for spring when worn under sheer, crochet, lace or mesh skirts.
7. Keep Socks Around Your Ankles when Paired with Pumps
Put your best foot forward in the coolest combo of socks and sandals, but be sure to keep your sock of the ankle high variety.
8. Use Varying Stripes for Figure Flattering Fashion
Draw the eye in with varying stripes in all which way – vertical or horizontal, in color or black and white – to create an enviable silhouette.
Shown: Tanya Taylor
9. Frame Your Face with Ear Cuffs
Forget arm parties, this spring ear cuffs are where it’s at for a look that boldly announces your arrival on the scene.
Shown: Prabal Gurung
10. Show Off Your Legs From The Knee Down
Bring the beach to the boardroom with Bermuda shorts that are more serious than surf.
Shown: Jason Wu