I’m a stylist, reporter, and girl on the go. Every day is different, and no matter what the day throws at me, I still need to look the part (fashionable, current) and also be comfortable. One day I’ll go from a TV segment to a personal shopping appointment, then I'm off to an event. I’m running around, so stilettos and pencil skirts just aren’t doing it for me on the daily.
So many of my styling clients want the same thing — clothes that make them feel good and look good. It's a simple wish we all have. But it's not a wish, it's a goal. Goals can be achieved and I've made a list of a few of my go-to pieces to stay stylish and comfortable in the midst of a crazy schedule. These are my go-to pieces. They are my style savers and each receive five stars from moi.
- Cotton panties: Any stylist will tell you that the undergarments you wear matter. It's the foundation of your outfit. The brand I'm turning to is Fruit of the Loom. This brand has been a staple of mine for as long as I can remember and that's because they are always improving the product to ensure the best fit, quality and comfort. I'm especially loving the new reinvented 100% cotton panties, which are softer than ever. They also lay nicely under clothes and don't become see-through like so many other panties do when they stretch.
- Printed pants: These babies are available from a lot of places and they are uber comfortable. They’re also much cooler (temp wise) than jeans and make for an ideal option for a sans-shaved-leg day. Wear to work, then happy hour, then take a nap in ‘em.
- Chambray: This basic is ideal for this season, but is technically seasonless so will have major staying power in your wardrobe. Wear over a tight dress to make it more casual, tie around your waist (yeah, that’s back in style) or button up and pair with jeans.
- Plain tees: They’re basic and beautiful. Tuck into a skirt or tie a knot at the end of a long tee to shorten the style. These are a wardrobe staple for anyone at any age.
- Vintage jewelry: Pieces tend to be more unique, so less is more. A little vintage can go a long way.
Shop my style:
Fruit of the Loom Low-Rise Bikini, $11.99 for pack of six; Keeper Chambray Top, $78 at J.Crew; Roll Pocket Crop Tee, $20 at Topshop; Peter Som for DesigNation Pants, $35 at Kohls; Chanel Vintage Pearl Crystal Clip-on Earrings, $295 at Fashionphile.com
sponsored by Fruit of the Loom