Not just anyone can give you a red carpet blow out — believe me, I make my living researching these things! Enter Anthony Cristiano. He's the guy that makes hair more beautiful just by touching it. There aren't any tricks up his sleeves; he's just really good at his job! Don't believe me? Ask some of his gorgeous clients: Demi Moore, Mariah Carey, Uma Thurman, and Sienna Miller are just a few. After twenty years in the business, Anthony has perfected his craft! Below, Anthony answers our three favorite beauty-related questions.
INDUSTRY BREAK: My career began while working and training as an apprentice at Vidal Sassoon. I continued my education traveling back and forth to London, studying at the Sassoon Academies. I began working NY, London, Milan, and Paris Fashion Weeks. Various photographers began asking me to work on their sessions and this led me to my career as an Editorial Stylist. A turning point in my editorial career was when (supermodel) Angela Lindvall requested me for a Marie Claire editorial. This opened the door to many opportunities!
5 MOST COVETED PRODUCTS:
1. L'Oreal Satin Professional – Amazing aerosol spray. Sprays on dry, is very workable, and won't weigh down shape.
2. Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray – Gives a beachy texture as well as dehydrates moisture out of hair. Gives a matte finish.
3. Wella Professional Perfect Setting – Great voluminous spray! Gives me the support I need when creating volume. The alcohol dehydrates moisture and takes oils out of the hair. Blend surf spray with this product and you'll have all the root support you'll ever need.
4. Klorane Dry Shampoo – Dehydrates moisture out of the hair, cleans excess oils off scalp, and adds amazing texture and volume to hair.
5. Bumble & Bumble Prep – Hydrates hair. You can layer other products with it, and it won't weigh hair down. Great to use as a cutting lotion.
FAVORITE LOOK: I usually fall in love with the one I'm working with at the time it's happening. Best ones come when you’re not trying too hard.