Fashion's heavy hitters came out in full force last night first to The Daily Front Row's Fashion Media Awards and then to Dior's event at Saks Fifth Avenue. Kate Upton, Marc Jacobs, Bruce Weber and Jessica Biel were among the presenters at the first annual Fashion Media Awards, which took place at posh Midtown eatery Harlow, owned by Nobu's Richie Notar.
Among those honored at the event, held as part of the magazine’s Media Issue, were Karlie Kloss, Emily Weiss, Heidi Klum, Joe Zee, Stephen Gan, Ingrid Sischy and Jane Bruton, who mingled with seemingly every Park Avenue socialite. Dressed to the nines, the crowd listened as Jessica Biel recounted posing for Joe Zee's first Elle cover, how Emily Weiss went from zero to five employees in three years, Karlie Kloss crediting her older sister as the real brains behind her social media presence and Lady Gaga saying that V's Stephen Gan is the only one who puts "the picture first." How Lady Gaga managed to sneak in — with that hair and that outfit — without anyone noticing until right before she presented the final award to Stephen Gan is still a mystery!
- Eight awards were given out throughout the night including:
- Stephen Gan, V Magazine – Fashion Magazine of the Year, Presented by Lady Gaga
- Joe Zee, ELLE – Creative Director of the Year, Presented by Jessica Biel
- Heidi Klum – TV Personality of the Year, Presented by Tim Gunn
- Karlie Kloss – Model of the Year, Social Media, Presented by Carlyne Cerf
- Jane Bruton, Grazia UK – Editor in Chief of the Year, International, Presented by Marc Jacobs
- Ingrid Sischy, Vanity Fair – Fashion Scoop of the Year (Galliano Interview), Presented by Bruce Weber
- Emily Weiss, Into the Gloss – Maybelline New York’s “Born With It” Beauty Award, Presented by David Greenberg
- Carol Smith, Harper’s Bazaar – Publisher of the Year, Presented by Stefani Greenfield
The awards were hosted by supermodel, Frida Gustavvson and The Daily Front Row, President & Publisher Paul Turcotte. Check out the full awards video below:
The glitterati then headed to a cocktail party on the third floor of Saks Fifth Avenue where Dior was celebrating its "New Look" with a few hundred of the world's most fashionable including Eva Chen, Laura Brown and just about every international Vogue editor. Fittingly, all 17 of the famed retailer's windows were outfitted with Dior's Fall 2013 collection — and a good chunk of the crowd was draped in it.