In our humble opinion, Memorial Day weekend is the best. Not only is it an XL-sized break from work, it’s also the unofficial start of summer. While the real deal doesn’t get underway for another month, all the friend-filled BBQs, pool openings and general chill summer vibes start right now. To lead you into the long weekend — and really, the summer season — we’ve compiled five can’t-miss articles from theFashionSpot this week. Ahead, we cover holiday nail art, the best summer beauty products and a bunch of budget-friendly beach bag options. Consider it essential weekend reading (then it’s back to your regularly scheduled programming of outdoor fun).
- Are you still keeping your legs in a pant prison? Let them out and into easy, breezy shorts. We’ve compiled this guide to the best on-trend shorts available right now. With our help, you’ll look anything but dowdy.
- It’s finally warm enough out to make beach-going a distinct reality. What are you going to use to lug your SPF, your sun-blocking hat and your beach read all the way to the water’s edge? We’ve got a few beach bag ideas and they’re all under $100, too.
- Beauty can be a bit complicated in the summer — going with a full face of product and color can feel overwhelming in the heat, but you want to toss on something to feel put-together. Here’s our guide to a handful of hot weather beauty essentials.
- Are you the nail art queen of your block? Thought so. Don’t start this weekend without this spirited Memorial Day nail art primer. Find your ideal patriotic look or even one inspired by ocean waves.
- Need some ideas for healthy summer-gathering dishes but coming up short? We got you! Healthy doesn’t have to be boring — especially with summer’s produce bounty — and these 10 recipes are so easy and tasty you won’t even realize that they’re actually good for you.