Margot Robbie may have hit the big time in Hollywood with her breakout role in The Wolf of Wall Street, but the former Neighbours star has remained solidly grounded amidst the glamour and lure of Tinseltown.
With her next role as Harley Quinn in the highly anticipated The Suicide Squad showing us yet another side of the multifaceted beauty, we thought we’d round up 10 of her most memorable quotes which prove, underneath it all, she is still just like the rest of us.
1. On Australian culture: “We Australians are incredibly laid-back until it comes to drinking or playing sports.” — Esquire
2. On her Wolf of Wall Street role: “If I was a dude, I’d wanna be in this, but I’ve got no interest in playing a gold-digger mistress.” — Vulture
3. On her appearance: “I know that my look is more ‘toothpaste model’ as opposed to artsy, which sucks because I can play those roles.” — Marie Claire
4. On her totally normal life: “I have a normal 24-year-old life. If I were a waitress, I’d probably have the exact same lifestyle. I’d go to the same clubs I go to already, live in the same house with the same housemates, hang out with the same people.” — Marie Claire
5. On her first job: “I was working at Subway in Melbourne, I was a ‘sandwich artist’, that’s the preferred title. I made myself sick on that stuff, I ate so much frozen cookie dough.” — Shazam Top 20
6. On how to nail an audition: “I walked out, got in the elevator, and did that silent stupid dance you do.” — Harpers Bazaar
7. On her eating habits: “I don’t have a very good diet. I love beer, fries, burgers, but if I have to get in a bikini then I eat carrot sticks for three days. I’m one extreme or the other.” — GQ Magazine
8. On being self-aware: “Even I admit I may have peaked too soon.” — Vogue Australia
9. On the limitations of costuming: “All your mannerisms change easily, when you have inch-long acrylic nails” — New York Times
10. On preparing for her first sex scene: “Acting 101: three shots of tequila and you’ll be fine.” — New York Times
Keep doing you, Margot!