Training Head Styling Doll
Colorful, versatile, and affordable – what else could you want?
Find on Amazon
Looking to practice on a mannequin with synthetic hair? This one comes in three different color options: blonde and two vibrant, multi-colored varieties. Offering between 26-28 inches in hair length from the forehead to the bottom, this one is great if you’re a cosmetologist-in-training. On the other hand, if you’re more of a hobbyist interested in practicing your braiding, curling, and straightening techniques, this one works well for that, too.
- Excellent price
- The vibrant colors are quite beautiful
- Perfect gift for both cosmetology students and for young girls who want to practice braiding
- With extended use, some of the hair is bound to fall out
Gex Cork Canvas Blockhead Mannequin Head
The mannequin head that can help you create and display your creations.
Find on Amazon
Are you looking for a mannequin head that allows you to create specialty wigs or display them? Do you prefer a block you can pin and poke without the fear of it needing to be trashed after? If you answered yes, then you may want to get the Gex Cork Canvas Blackhead Mannequin Head. You can even use it to show off custom hats or headphones.
This mannequin head is the best for when you enjoy making or customizing your own wigs. You can pin it, clip it, and pull at it. It won’t matter. This head will last for years. Let’s go over some pros and cons so you can decide if this is the right mannequin head for you.
- This mannequin head is extremely durable
- You can get it in any size to match your head size or someone else’s
- It is great for displaying wigs, headphones, hats, and more
- Making wigs on this head allows you to customize it perfectly
- It comes in 2 colors
- If you don’t add a waterproofing product, it can get moldy or messed up if it gets wet at all
- It doesn’t look like a real head so it can be harder for a beginner to gauge placement
Hairgingko 100% Real Hair Training Mannequin Head
If you’re looking for a training mannequin head that has hair you can dye and treat with chemicals, then the Hairginkgo 100% Real Hair Training Mannequin Head is one of the best choices you can make. This mannequin head has real hair so you can easily lighten it, dye it, iron it, and curl it. Relax it straight or perm it curly – it’s all up to you.
This mannequin head comes in several color and texture options, making it ideal for anyone. There is also an included clamp to help you keep it still while you work. With all that said, let’s check out some pros and cons.
- The hair is real so you can treat it with chemicals for practice
- You can cut it and style it in many ways
- There are representations for most hair types
- Comes with a table clamp
- This head is great for practice with braiding styles and up-dos
- Of all the available hair types, none are very curly
- There is some shedding
Smilco Styrofoam Wig Stands (3-Piece)
A three-piece set of basic mannequin heads that can be used for creating, storing, and displaying wigs.
Find on Amazon
If you’re looking for a set of basic and affordable mannequin heads that’ll hold your wigs for display or for styling, then this is a great choice. The 11″ styrofoam wig heads do everything you need them to. In addition to having the perfect shape to hold your wig in place and prevent any deformities, you can also use pins on them to hold your wigs in place while you style them. All in all, this set is great for anyone with a wig collection because it is both affordable and versatile. Check out the pros and cons.
- 3 different heads are included
- The foam is lightweight and easy to travel with
- It is extremely affordable
- It is not as durable as a cork or plastic wig head
Lashview Practice Makeup Head
A great choice when you are trying to perfect your makeup technique.
Find on Amazon
Makeup is an art. Nobody can just walk into a makeup store or a salon and pull off the perfect winged liner and lashes. This is why you need the Lashview Practice Makeup Head. This mannequin head is shaped specifically to make it easy to put in front of you on a table or other surface. The back is flat. Meanwhile, this gives you an easy view of the face so you can really get a good idea of what you need to do.
Once you have this mannequin head in front of you, you will realize that it looks and feels very similar to a real face. It is made of soft silicone which makes it very easy to practice different makeup techniques with the give and take of the real thing. Now, check out these pros and cons.
- It sits flat on any surface
- The silicone surface feels like real skin
- You can use it for makeup, lashes, massage practice, and more
- It mimics real human face structure to make applying makeup easy
- The color base is neutral so it is easy to match
- It only comes in one skin tone
- Some makeup will stain it
Frequently Asked Questions
What are mannequin heads used for?
Mannequin heads can be used for display, for wig making, for practicing hairstyling, or for practicing makeup. It is a versatile group of products.
Which material is best?
That depends on what you will be using it for. If you are doing makeup, silicone is best. For making wigs you will want to go with a high-quality cork head. If you are a stylist or a stylist in training you will want one with hair.
Why does having real or synthetic hair matter?
Synthetic hair is cheaper and lasts a long time, but it can’t be used for chemicals or high heat. Real hair can be used for almost any reason, but it is very expensive when compared to synthetic hair options.