Frye Women’s Veronica Slouch Boot
In case you hadn't heard, Frye boots are the best, and the Veronica Slouch Boot is no exception.
Find on Amazon
Whether we’re talking about luxuriously supple leather, durability, comfort, or clean, timeless design, Frye Veronica Slouch Boots win out, every time. Crafted from 100 percent washed full grain leather, these iconically chic boots boast a cushioned leather insole, a highly durable rubber outsole, and a classic, sleek silhouette that looks good on virtually everyone. Veronica Slouch Boots are available in a wide range of rich, elegant colors (over 30 in total), including Cognac, Charcoal, Redwood, and Slate. And yes, these boots are an investment piece, but they’re worth every penny.
- Unparalleled in terms of style, durability, and materials.
- Cushiony leather insole and durable leather outsole.
- Classic, sleek silhouette.
- Available in over 30 colors.
Premier Standard Women’s Over the Knee Boot
Fashion hounds, take note: These over-the-knee Premier Standard boots are stylish to the max.
Find on Amazon
An over-the-knee style is flattering on nearly every body type. For the best, classic over-the-knee silhouette, look no further than the Premier Standard Women’s Over the Knee Boot. Made from 100 percent vegan leather, these gorgeously made boots are super-comfy, for all-day wear. The bottoms are also made from hardened, flat rubber, so they don’t click or slide around on the floor. Best of all, the tops of the boots stay up even when they’re loosely tied, so you don’t have to worry about fixing them in place.
- Gorgeously made, classic, over-the-knee silhouette.
- Cruelty-free (made from vegan leather).
- Bottoms are hardened, flattened rubber, so they don’t slip and slide around.
- Likely not the best for those with athletic or bigger calves, since they cling tightly to your legs.
RF Room of Fashion Women’s Riding Boots
Sassy and elegant, these RF Room boots are lace-up perfection.
Find on Amazon
For a truly fashion-forward pair of boots, the RFI Room of Fashion Riding Boots look just as good with a fitted tee and tight jeans as they do with your favorite dress. These boots boast a chic lace-up construction, with full side zipper closure, and an adjustable shaft width. Plus, the rubber anti-slip outsole is sturdy and durable, while the cushioned insole was designed for maximum comfort. And, not to mention, the heel height is a very manageable 2.25 inches.
- Chic lace-up construction that looks good with everything you wear.
- Full-side zipper closure.
- Sturdy rubber anti-slip outsole and super-soft insole.
- Manageable heel height.
- Color selection is limited.
Ralph Lauren Women’s Maryann Riding Boot
If you don’t mind spending a little more for quality, the Ralph Lauren Maryann Riding Boots are the epitome of shoe elegance. Though they’ll cost you a pretty penny, they’ll probably last twice as long as other, lower-priced boots of a similar construction. The Maryann Riding Boots have a timeless style, with a crisscross buckle strap and stacked block heel, and the leather, stitching, and details are all superior-quality. The heel measures approximately 1.5 inches, so you’ll be able to walk comfortably. And, the clean, sleek lines of these boots are simply lovely.
- Classic, sleek lines.
- Timeless design, with a stacked heel and crisscross buckle strap.
- Lovely stitching and details.
- High-caliber materials used, so you know you’ll have these boots for a lifetime.
- These are definitely on the high end of the spectrum, price-wise, so probably not right for everyone.
Globalwin Women’s Fashion Boots
These Globalwin riding boots may have an affordable price tag, but they're just as chic and well-made as more expensive boots.
Find on Amazon
And for the best budget-friendly pick, the Globalwin Women’s Fashion Boots are affordably priced and beautifully designed. They’re crafted from 100 percent vegan, synthetic leather that’s built to last, and the zipper closure makes these boots easy to pull on and off (a crucial component of any good riding boot). The rubber sole and cushioned footbed offer just the right amount of padding, so your feet stay nice and comfy all day long, no matter how many miles you log.
- Made from supple, synthetic leather that’s high-quality and very durable.
- Zipper closure makes it a cinch to pull these on or off.
- Affordable price tag.
- They run big, so be careful to size up.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of materials are riding boots made out of?
Typically, riding boots are crafted from leather, but there are more and more leather alternatives available. For instance, rubber is an increasingly popular leather alternative, especially if you want something that’s waterproof.
Is it best to spend more money on a higher-quality pair of riding boots, or can I get a high-quality pair on the cheap?
Generally, it’s always best to fork over a little more cash for quality boots that last. A higher price tag usually equals better construction and durability.
If I have wide feet, will I like wearing riding boots?
If you have wide feet, you’ll have to be careful when sizing your riding boots. You’ll probably need to size up. Most (though not all) riding boots have a narrow foot design.