Sally Hansen Wax Kit
For the all-time best at-home waxing kit, look no further than this one from Sally Hansen.
Find on Amazon
Sally Hansen is a household name in the DIY waxing world, and with good reason: her products simply work the best. And the Sally Hansen Wax Kit for Eyebrow, Face, and Lip is no exception. This kit includes everything you need for a flawless, mistake-free at-home wax treatment, and all of the products are top-quality: microwaveable wax, a temperature-sensitive application spatula, a mini-tweezer (for removing stray hairs), and even a soothing post-treatment lotion are all included. The wax formula is gentle and non-abrasive, so you can look forward to skin that looks and feels silky-smooth; no pain or irritation necessary.
- Kit includes everything you need, from the microwaveable wax itself to a temperature-sensitive spatula to a cooling post-treatment lotion.
- Painlessly and quickly removes hair; very easy to use.
- Wax formula is gentle and non-abrasive.
- Comes with clear, detailed instructions in English and Spanish.
- Excellent value.
- The spatula is a bit too flimsy for our taste.
Parissa Wax Kit
Enjoy a smooth, bump-free bikini zone with the Parissa Wax Strips.
Find on Amazon
When beach weather hits, you don’t want to be the one at the beach with the red, itchy bikini line. Say goodbye to ingrown hairs and inflammation forever when you get the Parissa Wax Kit, which comes with skin-safe wax that’s fantastic at gently removing even the thickest, coarsest hair (which makes it perfect for the bikini zone). The wax is crafted using non-toxic ingredients like chamomile extract and beeswax, and unlike other waxes, you don’t have to use fabric strips; you only have to apply a thick, even layer of wax to your bikini line, let it cool down, and then peel off. Et voila – you’ll get to enjoy smooth, hair-free skin for days.
- Wax is made from gentle, skin-safe ingredients like beeswax and chamomile extract.
- Effective at removing even the thickest, coarsest hair.
- You don’t have to use fabric strips.
- Results last for at least a week.
- You do have to be extra careful not to wash your skin before waxing, as this could cause irritation.
GiGi Brazilian Hair Removal Kit
The GiGi Brazilian Hair Removal Kit is one of the most luxurious kits available, and it's totally worth the splurge.
Find on Amazon
When it comes to hair removal, it pays to splurge on high-end DIY wax products that actually work. Enter the GiGi Brazilian Hair Removal Kit, which works like a dream. This complete waxing system comes equipped with all the tools necessary for a successful at-home (and salon-quality) treatment: a professional wax warmer, Brazilian hard wax, pre-epilation oil, post-wax cooling gel, and applicators. Conveniently, the warmer has an adjustable temperature control and light indicators, so it’s easy as pie to get your wax to be the exact right temperature. The wax formula is rich in vitamins and skin-soothing ingredients like soybean, olive oil, and honey, and it’s very effective.
- Easy to apply and won’t irritate the skin.
- Wax formula is enriched with vitamins and other soothing ingredients that promote healthy skin.
- Comes with everything you need, including a salon-grade warmer and even pre- and post-wax treatments.
- It’s crucial to make sure that hair is at least a quarter-inch long; otherwise, this wax won’t work.
VidaSleek Hair Removal Sugar Waxing Kit
This VidaSleek waxing kit is formulated with just three ingredients, and it's super effective at gentle, quick hair removal.
Find on Amazon
Crafted from just three all-natural, high-quality ingredients—pure cane sugar, sea salt, and lemon juice—the VidaSleek Sugar Waxing Kit works wonders when it comes to sleek, seamless hair removal. This wax is designed for both men and women to use, and the results last for a solid six weeks or longer. The process is easy and irritation-free: you only have to microwave the product for 30 seconds, apply a thin layer of the wax onto the skin, smooth it down a few times, and then remove the strip in the opposite direction of hair growth. The result? Skin that’s pristine, hairless, and bump-free, for weeks on end.
- Contains just three all-natural ingredients, including pure cane sugar, but the formula works just as well as others with more chemicals.
- Easy to apply; clean-up is minimal.
- Results last for up to six weeks or more.
- It’s only for body hair, not facial hair.
Kenashii Nose Wax Kit
If you struggle with nose hair, you're not alone. This Kenashii kit is about to become your new best friend.
Find on Amazon
If you’re dealing with unwanted nose hair, it’s high time to invest in the Kenashii Nose Wax Kit. Instead of painfully plucking hairs from your nose (ouch), use this specially formulated, hypo-allergenic wax to gently, efficiently strip away all the hairs from your nostril area. The kit comes with 24 hair removal sticks and 12 applicators, and the results last for up to five weeks or more. All in all, this is a far less painful, and more effective, way to rid yourself of nose hairs. What’s not to love?
- Specially formulated, hypo-allergenic wax gently and efficiently strips away hair.
- Comes with 24 hair removal sticks and 12 applicators
- Results last for up to five weeks.
- Not the cheapest DIY wax product.
Frequently Asked Questions
How should I prep my skin before waxing?
To ensure that your skin stays smooth and bump-free after waxing, then it’s crucial to do some prep beforehand. Namely: You should never, ever wax skin that hasn’t been exfoliated first. That’s because exfoliating helps to slough away dead skin cells, so that the wax grabs your hair and not your skin. Take time to gently exfoliate with a light (but effective) scrub a day or two before waxing.
Should I do anything to my skin after waxing?
Yes. Immediately after you’re done waxing, apply a cool compress to your skin to help stave off inflammation and redness. Better yet, invest in a cooling product that’s specifically designed to soothe skin, post-wax.
How do I make sure that my wax is hot enough?
Pay close attention to the instructions that come with your wax kit, and keep in mind that you should always do a patch test on your wrist to make sure that the wax isn’t too hot and that it’s the right consistency.