PP OPOUNT Jewelry Making Kit
This option from OPount wins our top pick for its quality tools and handy organizational box.
Find on Amazon
This set of jewelry making supplies is a great value. It comes with almost everything you need to make unique earrings, charms, bracelets, and more. Inside the box, you’ll find ten different types of jewelry findings, a pair of curved nose pliers, a pair of tweezers, four kinds of beading wire, and more. It really is a great starter kit. You’ll just need to purchase the beads you want to use, and then you’ll be ready to use your supplies to create beautiful jewelry.
Jewelry-making supplies tend to get a bit disorganized. They can jumble up in their box and then you’ll have a hard time fishing through everything to find the piece you’re looking for. But, this set comes with a nice box with compartments to help keep everything organized. It’ll save you a lot of time, so you can dedicate more minutes to making jewelry and fewer to sorting through tiny pieces.
- A lot of variety so you can try making different types of jewelry
- Great price point, especially considering the individual prices of the different tools
- Can be used to repair your existing jewelry as well as make new pieces
- Packaged neatly so you won’t have to waste time sorting everything before you begin
- The case doesn’t hold the tools and the threads, just the findings
Jewelry Making Kit by Inscraft
You'll get to try your hand at several different types of jewelry with this great jewelry making kit.
Find on Amazon
With over 1,900 pieces of jewelry-making supplies in this set, you’ll be able to make just about anything your mind can imagine. You’ll find tools, charms, findings, beads, and more. There are also directions so if you’ve never made jewelry before, these really come in handy.
Everything comes packaged beautifully in a 4-tier plastic organizer. The top tier is large enough to hold your tools, so you can keep everything together. You’ll be making beautiful jewelry before you know it.
- The clear instructions are helpful for beginners
- Great packaging so you can keep everything together in one place and you won’t lose your tools
- The large assortment of tools includes 3 types of pliers, needles, tweezers, and more
- As you get more proficient at making jewelry, you may want to upgrade some of the tools.
Paxcoo Jewelry Making Supplies Kit
You can easily pack this bag of jewelry making supplies up and bring it with you, so you have something fun to do no matter where you are.
Find on Amazon
Once you get bit by the jewelry-making bug, you’ll be amazed at how often you want to create. This portable set makes it possible to bring your tools and supplies along, so you can work from a hotel room, family member’s house, or anywhere. The zipper case has a spot for all of your tools, and elastic straps to help hold them in place. It closes securely, so you won’t have to worry about tools or supplies falling out and getting left behind.
The small findings are also ready for travel. They come in a plastic container with compartments that seal tightly. You just need to buy some beads, and you’ll be all set for jewelry making adventures at home or far away.
- The case helps you keep everything organized so you don’t lose your tools
- Travel-friendly packaging, so you can bring your jewelry-making supplies along with you
- Good variety of materials, including three pairs of pliers, needle threaders, and 12 different types of findings
- The wire doesn’t stay rolled neatly onto the spool, so you may need to get creative to keep it from flopping all over in the case.
- The wire clippers aren’t the best quality, you’ll have to really use your muscles to make it work.
Modda Jewelry Making Supplies
You won't need to buy anything else to give jewelry making a try.
Find on Amazon
If you’re just getting started in jewelry making, this is the kit you want. It has everything you need, including a nice selection of beads. You can pick between three different colored sets, and the beads will be themed to match. There’s a pink set, a purple set, and a turquoise one, so you can select your favorite color and start making beautiful pieces of jewelry.
In addition to the beads, each kit comes with basic jewelry making tools. This way, you won’t have to buy anything else to make your first pieces of jewelry. Since everything comes packaged in a nice box, this set makes a wonderful gift. It’s a great way to inspire someone to start a new hobby.
- The beads come in one of three colors, so you can make jewelry you’ll actually enjoy wearing
- Copper findings that are safe to use
- Perfect for a beginner, you can try your hand at jewelry making without investing in additional tools, beads, or other supplies
- The directions have really small print, so you might want to find some online to refer to instead.
- Beads seem to get jumbled together in the case, you might want to use little baggies to keep them separate inside the box.
The Ultimate Jewelry Making Kit for Kids
Know a child who loves to be creative? Help them get started making jewelry with this kid-friendly box of supplies.
Find on Amazon
Give a child the gift of a new hobby with this box full of jewelry making supplies. Its beautiful presentation makes it something that any creative child would be eager to dig into. Once they open the package, they can use their imagination to make their first piece of jewelry.
The box comes with about 700 bright, colorful beads. There’s a variety of colors, sizes, and shapes, so children will have plenty to work with. They will also receive eight skeins of thread for beading onto, jump rings, felt strips, and needles. These kid-friendly tools will allow even younger children to find success in jewelry making. And when it’s time to clean up, everything can get stored in the colorful box. It has removable trays to help encourage organization.
- No pliers, so you don’t have to worry about their little fingers getting pinched
- Variety of beads including metallic, wooden, and acrylic ones, to keep children engaged for hours trying out new combinations
- Packaging designed to help kids learn to take care of their tools and supplies, so it’ll be easy for them to put everything away on their own
- The needles aren’t beading needles, so your child might have a hard time using them. If this is a problem, you can pick up a set of inexpensive beading needles to replace these with.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are jewelry findings?
Most sets of jewelry making supplies include plenty of findings. But, what exactly are those? They’re the parts you need to connect your jewelry and make it wearable. Clasps, endings, and jump beads are examples of findings. To see which type each kit includes, you’ll want to carefully read the contents. That way you can make sure your set has what you need to make the jewelry you’re dreaming of.
What tools do jewelry making beginners need?
When you’re first getting started making jewelry, the list of supplies can be a little overwhelming. The good news is most starter kits include everything you need to get started, including the tools. If you’re purchasing them separately, there are three essential tools you need to buy.
First, you need a good pair of round nose pliers. You’ll use these for rounding your wire into loops so you can connect a beaded chain or make a pair of earrings. Next, you should pick up a pair of needle-nose pliers. These pointy pliers let you open and close jump rings with ease, and save your fingernails from getting broken. Finally, you must have a set of wire cutters. This way, you can easily cut the wire where it’s needed.