More and more details are coming out about New York Fashion’s Night Out (FNO) events and there are some truly notably ones poised to blow last year's events out of the park. Here are the latest happenings to help map out your FNO schedule:
- Chanel will debut its preview of Les Jeans De Chanel, a trio of blue nail polishes. If it’s anything like the military-toned Les Khakis de Chanel released for FNO last year, the collection will sell out very quickly.
- Barneys New York will be donating 10% of all Madison Avenue Flagship and web sales from the entire day to the National September 11 Memorial & Museum.
- Alexander Wang will be hosting a FNO Talent Show in his downtown boutique. He’s asking fans to bring their freakiest talents or performances to be judged by “special guest hosts” and compete to win great prizes like the brand’s Rocco bag or a T by Alexander Wang wardrobe. In order to compete you must submit a 30-90 second clip of your talent to [email protected]; applicants have until the end of this week to submit their videos and the most impressive ones will be invited to come and perform live on FNO.
- L’Occitane will get the party started in its new Meatpacking District (48 9th Avenue) and Soho (146 Spring Street) boutiques. Both locations promise to transport New York fashionistas to the South of France, offering a “Passport to French Style” with Provençal perks including chilled rosé, complimentary hand massages, a Riviera-inspired tote bag filled with some of the brand’s beauty essentials, and more.
- Fashion’s Night In with Lincoln will be held from 7-11 PM at Espace (635 West 42nd Street), a red carpet event with celebrities, designers, and fashionistas honoring the Accessories Council.
- Fashion’s Night Out Pre-Party will take place from 4-7 PM at the Frederick Fekkai Fifth Avenue Salon. Guests are invited to get pre-FNO pampered with two discounted service packages.
- Heidi Klum is unveiling WILDLIFE by Heidi Klum, a new fashion jewelry collection for QVC. Klum is scheduled to kick off the launch on September 8 during the QVC Fashion’s Night Out event as part of the QVC Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Live from New York Broadcast.
- Nine West will be hosting an event for their Nine West Runway Relief initiative. Photographer, Nigel Barker, model, Chrissy Teigen and celebrity stylist, Leslie Fremar will be on site to help kick off the party. The event will raise funds and awareness for Fashion Targets Breast Cancer. Consumers who buy the limited edition boots, tank top and messenger bag designed for the charity initiative will have the chance to get their picture taken by Nigel Barker and be personally styled by Leslie Fremar. The event will take place 6-10 PM at the Nine West Rockefeller Center Store.
- Get Glammed Up for Fashions Night Out with Revlon and Gucci Westman from 5:30-7:30 PM at the Mondrian Soho. Tickets to the Revlon/Westman-hosted FNO pre-party will be sold for $200 (a personal makeup application from Westman) and $50 (a personal consultation with Westman and makeup application from a member of her New York Fashion Week team) and are available in extremely limited quantities. Ticket holders will also enjoy a manicure from celebrity manicurist Jin Soon and her team, and complimentary small bites, champagne, and signature cocktails.
For those unable to make it to New York for FNO, Revlon will also be bringing back Gucci Westman’s legendary “Fashion’s Night Pout” lipstick, available exclusively online for $7.99. All proceeds from the sale of the lipstick will be donated to Look Good Feel Good.
- Models Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Erin Heatherton, Lily Aldridge host a customer event offering makeovers, a photo op and a fragrance preview from 6-11 PM at Victoria’s Secret SoHo store (591 Broadway).
- J Brand has created an exclusive jean for FNO and will be selling the style for $227 at select retailers in New York City and online. 100% of the pant’s net proceeds will be donated to the New York City AIDS Fund.
- Ippolita will be showcasing her first solo art exhibit, Reliquary, at Highline Stages from 6-10 PM. Guests are invited to meet Ippolita, enjoy cocktails, and take in the exhibit. For the evening’s retail component, Ippolita will be offering a sterling silver friendship bracelet, available for purchase at the exhibit for $125. A portion of proceeds will be donated to the New York Academy of Art.
To learn more about what's going around New York on September 8, click here.