In case you haven't heard (as if), today marks the first day of yet another exciting, exhausting fashion month; the first week of which is always kicked off in our darling NYC. We know, not everyone gets to brave the awesome February weather to attend in person, which is why we're bringing you tweets from around the fashion industry that provide smile-inducing and/or newsworthy info from the ground troops.
Amina Akhtar gives us the perfect opener with her reunion comparison comment. Micky Boardman keeps it short and sweet and pretty much sums up what it's like to be running around, always behind schedule. Karl Lagerfeld's cat is not afraid to give fashion advice for the week and Coco Rocha shares a picture that reps a watershed moment that will change the fashion industry forever—we hope! Read on to see our fave tweets of the day.
1. Amina Akhtar, Digital Editions Editor at Vogue
The best part of #nyfw, aside from the gorgeous clothes, is seeing everyone again! It's back to school but way chicer!
— Amina Akhtar (@Drrramina) February 6, 2014
2. The Cut
— The Cut (@TheCut) February 6, 2014
3. Charles Manning, Style Editor at Cosmopoliton.com
— Charles Manning (@CharlesEManning) February 6, 2014
4. Micky Boardman, Editorial Director at Paper Magazine
It's hard out here for a bitch.
— Mickey Boardman (@AskMrMickey) February 6, 2014
5. Choupette Lagerfeld, Karl's Beloved Cat
— Choupette Lagerfeld (@ChoupettesDiary) February 6, 2014
6. Coco Rocha, Supermodel
— Coco Rocha (@cocorocha) February 6, 2014
7. Derek Blasberg, International Fashionisto of Mystery (Okay, just THE contributing editor, writer and fashion consultant to every major magazine you love, as well as author)
Cold call? pic.twitter.com/40xlIGPqpC
— Derek Blasberg (@DerekBlasberg) February 6, 2014
8. Ariel Foxman, Editor at In Style
— Ariel Foxman (@ArielFoxman) February 5, 2014
9. Booth Moore, Fashion Critic at LA Times
— booth1 (@booth1) February 6, 2014
10. New York Times Fashion
— NYT Fashion (@NYTFashion) February 6, 2014