While we saw some trend overlap with the New York shows at London Fashion Week, namely fur, parkas, and quirky hats (leave it to London to give Anna Sui’s cat hats a run for their money), Britain’s capital brought with it a whole slew of welcome additions including polka dots, plaids, and a surprising amount of dalmatian prints (they even made their way onto nails at Unique!)
Here are 10 of London Fashion Week’s most notable Fall 2011 trends.
1. Dalmatians (see Unique, Burberry)
2. Engineered fabrics and digital prints (see Christopher Kane, Mary Katrantzou)
3. Real and fake fur outerwear (see Giles, Matthew Williamson, Unique)
4. Hats (Burberry Prorsum, Issa, Margaret Howell, Meadham Kirchhof)
5. Military-style jackets (see Jaeger London, Burberry, Mulberry, Clements Ribeiro)
6. Plaid and tartan (see Vivienne Westwood Red Label, Burberry, Tata Naka)
7. Capes and parkas (see Pringle of Scotland, Matthew Williamson)
8. Fur on non-outerwear separates and dresses (see Burberry, Holly Fulton)
9. Cut-outs (Marios Schwab, Christopher Kane)
10. Polka dots (see Louise Gray, Paul Smith)
Photos: Vincenzo Grillo, IMAXtree.