Scarves: the eternally and effortlessly chic accessory you can wear all year round (though materials may vary). They dress up any look. They’re an easy way to add a graphic, arty kick to your ensemble. They offer endless styling possibilities. Still, figuring out how to tie a scarf without it looking sloppy or bulky can be kind of a pain.
Which brings us to the crux of this post. While scarf tying is a skill, it’s one that’s easily acquired with the right visual guide. To that end, we compiled a handy, photo-enhanced tutorial detailing 15 chic, creative ways to origami the multifaceted fabric swaths.
Heading into stormy weather? Try a half-bow cinch. It’s cute and doubles as a turtleneck. Want to add a feminine touch to casual jeans and a tee plus a leather jacket? A neck rosette’s the perfect thing.
Ready to learn how to tie a scarf every which way imaginable? Click through the gallery above. With a little dedication and dexterity, you’ll be a scarf tying master in no time.
Get More Scarf Tips:
- 15 DIY Hacks for Scarves
- 10 Ways to Tie a Skinny Scarf, Fall’s Must-Have Accessory
- 15 New Uses for Old Scarves That Will Blow Your Mind
- 15 Scarf Tying Tricks We Learned from Pinterest
- Pussybows, Ties and Knots: 40 Runway-Inspired Ways to Wear a Scarf This Season
- Watch: 10 Super Easy (and Cool) Ways to Tie a Scarf
- How to Wear a Scarf When You’ve Run Out of Ideas
- There Are More Ways to Wear a Bandana Than Ever Before
- Neck Scarves Are THE Breakout Accessory of Summer