Molly R. Stern has that rare ability to make every face she touches look ravishing. Just take a peek at her editorial work; from Reese Witherspoon to Amy Adams, Stern brings the glam out in each of her girls. And then there's her massive red carpet resume. Stern has painted the faces of some of Hollywood's elite: Jennifer Connelly, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Penelope Cruz, and Leighton Meester, are some of the celebrities on her roster. At one point, she was even dubbed Covergirl's Celebrity Artist. This week, we asked Stern our three favorite beauty questions.
INDUSTRY BREAK: I was 16 years old, and walked into a Shu Uemura boutique in the Century City Shopping Mall in Los Angeles. I fell in love with painting faces. From there, I met Jillian Dempsey and followed her around like a puppy dog, assisting her. Through her, I met other artists to study under, and ultimately, my agent. Total case of right place, right time, all in who you know. Cliches are cliches for a reason.
5 MOST COVETED PRODUCTS:
- Covergirl Lip Slicks lip gloss in Daring – Perfect pinch of color, feels good like a lip balm.
- Jurlique Rose Water Facial Spray – Instantly refreshing and rejuvenating.
- Natura Bisse moisturizer – Completely hydrating moisturizer that leaves the skin feeling soft and not heavily creamed.
- Nars eye shadow in Blondie – Perfect taupe. Works for contour, shading, and even that 70s amber blush tone.
- Josie Maran color stick in Petal Pink – Gives a hint of color with an Argan Oil glow. Gorgeous.
FAVORITE LOOK YOU'VE CREATED: I probably would say Reese Witherspoon at the 64th Annual Golden Globes. She wore a neutral smokey eye and a burnt red lip. She just looked smoking hot that night and all the elements melded perfectly. Every look I "create" is a collaboration. It only gets great when all the players are feeling their best.