Ever since NZ-born Aisha Jade McKinnon graced us with her presence on Big Brother Australia 2014, we haven’t been able to get enough of the girl and her impeccable style. Her super-sweet freckles, banging’ bod and personable attitude have seen her burst onto the modelling scene, including a fitting gig for Glue Store‘s Winter 2015 collection. We caught up with Aisha to chat about her role for the retailer, because we couldn’t wait to find out more about the budding style icon.
Get to know Aisha by checking out how she answered our quick-fire questions below.
- If I could describe my personal style in one word it would be… Street.
- My favourite retailers to shop at are… Glue Store, of course, and to be honest a lot of my favourite retailers are in England. I lived there for a year when I was 19 and I fell in love with Urban Outfitters, Zara and Topshop. They are slowly coming over to Australia so that’s really exciting to see.
- I keep in shape by… eating right and working out with friends. It’s the best way to catch up .
- The craziest thing I’ve ever done was… jump out of an aeroplane.
The most exciting person I’ve ever met was… I’ve had the chance to meet some pretty exciting people but hands down it has to be Cam [Eric Stonestreet] from Modern Family.
- One thing that people don’t know about me is… I have a tattoo on my bum cheek. Last-minute teenage thinking with the girls. We all have matching [ones].
- The most important people in my life are… my family, my girls and Trav [Lunardi]. They mean the world to me.
- My biggest fear is… losing loved ones.
- The last thing I googled was… probably a Jamie Oliver recipe.
- The biggest mistake anyone can make on social media is… bagging other people. If you don’t have anything nice to say, just don’t say it!
- My beauty routine includes… when I was young Mum said I have to moisturise everyday and that’s the one thing that has stuck with me and never changed. I have her to thank for the soft skin.
- I would never leave the house without… my eyebrows done.
A big difference between Australia and New Zealand is… the greenery. They are similar in so many ways but I didn’t realise until I left NZ how amazingly beautiful the landscape is!
- The best part about being a model is… working with so many amazing and creative people.
- My favourite Aussie labels are… I love a lot of Aussie labels, you are a trendy bunch!
- One trend I’ll never be seen in is… punk!
- Something I’ve always wanted to do is… travel the whole world, it’s on the to-do list.
- My guilty pleasure is… sweet things.
- The hardest thing about being on reality TV was… not being able to talk to my family for three months and the adjustment coming out of the show, suddenly being recognised.
- The most important thing to any relationship is… adventure, fun, honesty and trust.
- The greatest advice I’ve ever received is… “Listen to your inner voice cause it’s there!”