Australian-born, San Francisco-based entrepreneur Ido Leffler is the mastermind behind the wildly popular natural skincare line Yes to Carrots. Here, the down-to-earth founder answers our 21 questions.
1. When I get dressed in the morning I think… about not waking up my sleeping kids in the rooms next to mine!
2. The beauty products I couldn't go a day without are… Our Yes To Cucumbers Soothing Eye Gel, our Yes To Blueberries Serum and a very sharp Gillette Fusion Razor.
3. When I travel I make sure to… map out my ‘food adventure’ plan.
4. If my days had one extra hour… my breakfast would last for two hours.
5. On a typical Saturday night… you can usually find me partying till the break of dawn! Ha… not quite.
6. The electronic item I can't live without… is the oh-so-cliché iPhone.
7. When I relax I… switch off the phone and truly try to do nothing.
8. My guilty pleasure is… my mandatory row of "Australian" Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate every night.
9. When it comes to fruits and vegetables I… LOVE EVERYTHING. Literally, everything.
10. A beauty myth that drives me nuts… is that synthetic skincare works better.
11. If I could have dinner with anyone in the world… it would be my two late grandfathers.
12. When it comes to beauty products, men should always… remember to moisturize.
13. When it comes to beauty products, women should always… build a skincare regimen that is easy, effective and consistent.
14. When I'm feelings stressed I… stop, take a deep breath, play with my kids and realize that whatever I am stressed about is minor in the grand scheme of things.
15. The key to starting your own business is… passion, dedication and perseverance. And a little bit of chutzpah!
16. The qualities I look for when hiring someone are… energy, enthusiasm and honesty. Oh…and of course a great skill set!
17. Every day I make sure that I… let my family know how much I love them.
18. I wouldn't be caught dead… in a middle seat!
19. The last song I listened to is… "Some Nights" by Fun. (love this new rock anthem).
20. The item of clothing I'm currently wearing most often is… my RM Williams Brown Boots.
21. The most gratifying part about my job is… being part of a team that is truly changing the way the world thinks about natural beauty products.