Here we go! Today we have another installment of theFashionDish, a new original series from tFS. Last weekend, we brought together six fashion industry experts for dinner and a roundtable discussion recapping New York Fashion Week. In the coming weeks, we'll be bringing you lots of short clips and a full 30-minute episode drawn from the rowdy, hilarious and informative conversation that ensued.
Below, the panelists talk about Karlie Kloss, one of today's true top models. The 21-year-old was spotted all over the Fall 2014 runways, opening and closing so many of New York City's top shows. We saw her walk at Anna Sui, Oscar de la Renta, Donna Karan, Carolina Herrera, Jason Wu, Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren and Diane Von Furstenberg. That's an impressive showlist for a model in the prime of career, but do we sense some discontent among our panelists?
About our panelists:
- June Ambrose, a leading celebrity stylist whose clients include Jay Z, Missy Elliot and Zoe Saldana.
- Laurie Brookins, a veteran fashion journalist who has interviewed designers like Tom Ford, Frida Giannini and Alber Elbaz. Brookins was also theFashionSpot's social ambassador this Fashion Week.
- Katie Cassidy, the star of The CW's Arrow and co-founder of the fashion blog TomboyKC.
- Jaclyn Jones, Senior Womenswear Editor at WGSN, a leading trend forecasting firm.
- Chiun-Kai "Chunky" Shih, fashion photographer, Condé Nast creative director and the creator of Hipstamatic's 'Chunky' lens.
- Robert Verdi, a celebrity stylist (best known for his work with Eva Longoria), television personality and lifestyle expert.
Julie Bensman, theFashionSpot's editor-at-large, moderated the discussion, which was filmed at The Lion in New York City.