In theFashionDish clip above, our panelists talk about how runway models factor in to the unattainable beauty standard. Is there a disconnect between the models represented on high fashion runways — who are so young, so white, so thin — and the women who actually buy the clothes?
The debut installment of theFashionDish brings six fashion industry experts for dinner and a roundtable discussion recapping New York Fashion Week. In the coming weeks, we'll be bringing you lots of short clips and a full 30-minute episode drawn from the rowdy, hilarious and informative conversation that ensued.
About our panelists:
- June Ambrose, a leading celebrity stylist whose clients include Jay Z, Missy Elliot and Zoe Saldana.
- Laurie Brookins, a veteran fashion journalist who has interviewed designers like Tom Ford, Frida Giannini and Alber Elbaz. Brookins was also theFashionSpot's social ambassador this Fashion Week.
- Katie Cassidy, the star of The CW's Arrow and co-founder of the fashion blogTomboyKC.
- Jaclyn Jones, Senior Womenswear Editor at WGSN, a leading trend forecasting firm.
- Chiun-Kai "Chunky" Shih, fashion photographer, Condé Nast creative director and the creator of Hipstamatic's 'Chunky' lens.
- Robert Verdi, a celebrity stylist (best known for his work with Eva Longoria), television personality and lifestyle expert.
Julie Bensman, theFashionSpot's editor-at-large, moderated the discussion, which was filmed at The Lion in New York City.
- Watch: Can We Talk About Lupita Nyong’o? a tFS Roundtable Discussion [theFashionDish]
- Watch: Is Karlie Kloss Overexposed or Awesome? A tFS Roundtable Discussion [theFashionDish]
- Watch: Who Cares About Diversity? A tFS Roundtable Discussion [theFashionDish]
- Watch: Do Bloggers Belong at Fashion Week? A tFS Roundtable Discussion [theFashionDish]
- Watch: Is Lincoln Center Fashion’s High School? a tFS Roundtable Discussion [theFashionDish]