On the final evening of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015, we brought together seven fashion industry experts for dinner, drinks and raucous conversation for our second season of theFashionDish. When discussing favorite trends, there was one in particular that had our Dishers divided across the love/hate line: crop tops. Find out what they had to say on the topic, as well as the clumsy shoe Robert Verdi says is akin to the ones they wore in a “nunnery in the 1950s” in our latest edition of theFashionDish.
Previously on theFashionDish: Runway Shows or Presentations? TheFashionDish Weighs In
About theFashionDish experts:
- Robert Verdi – Celebrity stylist, television personality and second-time theFashionDish panelist.
- J Alexander (aka Miss J) – Television personality, Teen Choice Award-winning author and runway coach on America’s Next Top Model.
- Phillip Bloch – Designer, author, former model and Hollywood’s premier stylist.
- Elsa Hosk – Victoria’s Secret Angel and IMG supermodel.
- Lisa Benson – Senior manager at IMG Models, responsible for the careers of Lily Aldridge, Chrissy Teigen, Chanel Iman and more.
- Jaclyn Jones – Senior womenswear editor for WGSN, the leading global trend forecaster and second-time theFashionDish panelist.
- Teri Agins – Acclaimed fashion writer, The Wall Street Journal columnist (“Ask Teri”) and author of The End of Fashion and the recently released Hijacking the Runway.
Julie Bensman, theFashionSpot’s editor-at-large, moderated the discussion, which was filmed at The Lion in New York City, September 2014.