In honor of the Gossip Girl series finale this week, we spoke with costume designer Eric Daman, the man behind the show's legendary fashions, and asked him our 21 questions.
1. When I get dressed in the morning I always think…what's the weather like? (I'm practical like that.)
2. The item in my closet that I currently wear the most is…a tweed and knit gilet from Barneys.
3. The best styling tip I ever got…dare to be different.
4. Every woman should invest in…a great trench coat, sunglasses, and signature bag.
5. When I'm looking to get inspired I…take a walk through Thompkins Sqaure Park.
6. The biggest challenge about being a costume designer…is being a costume designer.
7. I love New York because…it is my home, my haven, my inspiration.
8. The Gossip Girl character that was hardest to dress was…Dorota, joking!
9. If only my days had one extra hour I would…catch up on my TV time…my DVR is exploding!
10. The biggest fashion gem I ever found for Gossip Girl…the headband section at Henri Bendel.
11. My favorite hidden shopping spots are…in the East Village in NYC.
12. I can't travel without…my White and Warren cashmere travel blanket.
13. My guilty pleasure is…Gossip Girl.
14. When I'm stressed I…do downward dog.
15. My fashion pet peeve is…"invisible" bra straps (they just aren't invisible).
16. What people don't realize about being a costume designer…is that it's A LOT of work.
17. My all time favorite purchase…my YSL navy blue boots.
18. If I could have dinner with anyone in the world it would be…Jean Cocteau.
19. I'm excited for winter because…that means spring is not far behind.
20. What I'll miss most about working on Gossip Girl…the cast, the clothes, and being able to watch new episodes.
21. When asked about Gossip Girl's influence on fashion I always say…honored and privileged to have been a part of it.
images: Andres Otero/ WENN.com, Marc Stamas/WENN.com