For those with hectic summer schedules, style can often sink to rock bottom on the list of priorities.
The Fashion Spot is here to help, featuring a series of style guides for the most beloved summer activities. Whether you prefer a pristine hiking trip to the mountains or a relaxing week at the spa, we’ll help you make your vacation the hautest it can be.
Hiking, camping, and general outdoor excursions can come across as not very fashion-friendly, but in reality, nature is a primary source of inspiration for designers and photographers alike.
For inspiration, we channeled Meryl Streep in The River Wild, as well as Nicole Kidman in Australia. Rag & Bone and Diesel Black Gold had similar adventurous themes for their Fall 2010 collections.
Get in touch with a simpler you by wearing minimal make-up, and keeping your wardrobe casual and comfy. Key pieces include a warm flannel for campfire nights, slouchy tanks and cut-offs, and a solid pair of lace-up boots.
1. KIMCHI BLUE CANVAS BACKPACK, $68 at Urban Outfitters
2. WOVEN CAMPING SHIRT, $10 at Forever 21
3. SUPER STRIPE TANK, $58 at Shopbop
4. GRAY MELANGE POCKET TEE, $120 at Stylebop
5. CAMP CRAZY BEAR TANK, $13 at Forever 21
6. NEUTROGENA RAINBATH SCRUB, $8 at Drugstore.com
7. CARGO CUTOFFS, $185 at Kitson
8. HUDSON BROGUE FLAT BOOT, $126.82 at Asos
9. URBAN RENEWAL NAVAJO BELT, $18 at Urban Outfitters
10. HERBAL INSECT REPELLENT, $8 at Burt’s Bees
11. WOOD WOOD FADED TOP, $60 at The Outnet
12. WHISTLES DENIM BOYFRIEND SHORTS, $84.55 at Asos
If you need some new music to listen to, Ragged Wood by Fleet Foxes is ideal for any mountain trek.