H&M’s Eco-Friendly Denim Line Is Here: Here’s How to Wear It the Spring 2018 Runway Way

Image: H&M

Image: Courtesy of H&M

You know what’s fun? Going into H&M and finding loads of magical, expensive-looking things that cost less than half a month’s rent. Like these cropped pants. Or, we imagine, the entirety of its soon-to-drop English-countryside-invoking Erdem collab. It’s a happy reminder that good fashion doesn’t have to break the bank.

That said, over the next month or so, prepare to spend all your cash chez Hennes & Mauritz — not because prices are rising, but due to the sheer volume of good things to come. In addition to its newly released Fall 2017 Studio collection and the aforementioned Erdem capsule (out November 2), today the Swedish mega-retailer launched its latest eco-friendly effort, a limited-edition denim line known as the Close the Loop collection.

A little background: in recent times, H&M has devoted itself to making its business model more sustainable (as all fast-fashion brands ought). You’re probably familiar with its “take-back” program, which allows customers to drop off unwanted apparel (of any brand) at its stores. H&M then recycles these materials itself.

The new denim line is made from 20 percent recycled materials sourced from these cast-aside clothes — hence the name Close the Loop. The other 80 percent is organic cotton fibers from the Better Cotton Initiative because, apparently, H&M doesn’t yet have the technology to produce clothes made exclusively from recycled fibers. (The retailer promises that by 2030, all of its products will be made primarily from sustainable or recycled materials.)

The capsule itself is well-tailored and trendy: there’s a cute center-zip pencil skirt, a pair of O-ring zip overalls, jeans in various in-demand silhouettes and — it being the age of Rihanna — an oversized denim jacket. (Expect to spend around $45 on each.) Shop the new line in the slideshow below, and while you’re at it, pick up some handy styling tips care of the Spring 2018 runways.

[ via Refinery29 ]